Models in pyjamas backstage at New York Fashion Week Spring 2013
Backstage At New York Fashion Week: What’s In Jourdan Dunn’s Make-Up Bag?
Amongst the chaos and humidity backstage at the Alexander Wang show during New York Fashion Week, we grabbed a chat with one of Grazia Beauty’s favourite Brit models, Ms Jourdan Dunn, to find out what products she can’t live without…
1. Bobbi Brown Foundationin 6.5 is the best because it gives the best coverage and Bobbi Brown offers the best range of foundation shades out there for dark skin.
2. Sisley Black Rose Mask. I’m obsessed with it, especially at this time, during fashion weeks. It’s a skin life saviour.
3. I’m obsessed with brows, so it has to be my eyebrow brush that I use to brush up my brows. It’s actually a Rimmel brow pencil with a brush on one side so I use the pencil to fill in my brows and then I can use the brush on the end too.
Source / Taken from graziadaily
Backstage At New York Fashion Week: What’s In Karlie Kloss’s Make-Up Bag?
Karlie Kloss is the talk of New York Fashion Week after keeping the FROWers fed with her 'Fashionably Wholesome' Kookies and bagging the highly coveted job of presenting MTV’s House of Style with bestie Joan Smalls. So when we spotted the model backstage at Carolina Hererra, we took the chance to quiz her on her beauty essentials. The model-of-the-moment postively lit up when we started chatting make-up as she was having her hair and nails pampered, telling us: ‘I travel A LOT so I travel light. Well, actually not that light when it comes to my make-up bag! Read on for the products she can’t live without…
1. Givenchy’s Mister Light is just heaven! It’s so moisturising and I use it for covering everything. Under my eyes, on my pimples… [at which point, Grazia Daily noted that she has none]. Trust me I do, this product is that good it covers everything so you wouldn’t know!
2. Dior’s Show Exstase Mascara is amazing! I use it all the time. The brush is so good and the mascara is amazing. You don’t need eyeliner when you use it but if you do want a liner recommendation…
3. …I recommend Lancôme’s liquid liner. It has a great brush and it’s waterproof. It really is an essential!
4. I also love Revlon’s cream blush - it’s surprisingly good. I love a cream blush ecause I can use my fingers to work it in so it’s much easier to use than a powder. I use it on my lips, eyes, cheeks… It’s great!
Source / Taken from graziadaily
Freja’s New Job
Freja Beha Erichsen has been signed as the latest face of Maybelline New York, joining Erin Wasson, Christy Turlington and Charlotte Free.
"I’m so honoured to be representing such a daring, trendsetting brand, and I’m looking forward to this new and exciting chapter in my modelling career," Freja said. "I was introduced to Maybelline New York products with Volum’ Express The Falsies mascara. It worked really well, and I loved the instant effect… I’m very grateful to be given this opportunity and it’s a pleasure to be working with the talented creative team at Maybelline New York. [Beauty] is hard to define. You can notice it in an instant with just a glance, or it can be deeper, like when [a woman] opens herself up and shares something very personal or inspiring."
The Danish model - whose first advertising campaigns for the brand will launch later this year - also revealed that it was her mother who taught her the value of a good diet.
"My mother taught me the beauty of a well-balanced diet. She raised me to eat a lot of organic fruits and vegetables," she said. "But [my favourite food] depends on the meal. For brunch, I usually order eggs benedict. And for dinner, I enjoy a good steak cooked medium-well."
With her edgy beauty and her ability to carry off lashings of black liner with aplomb, it’s certain that Freja will make a fiercely cool addition to Maybelline’s stellar model line-up - as well as providing her with an opportunity to pursue her love of travelling.
"I’ve always wanted to travel to Iceland. I can imagine myself exploring the island, taking long walks around the volcanoes, relaxing in the hot springs, and perhaps becoming friends with a sweet little horse," she said.
Source / Taken from vogue
Daphne Groeneveld for WSJ Magazine September 2012 "Fashionably Loud and Incredibly Baroque" by Katja Rahlwes
Hanne Gaby Odiele for Oyster Magazine February 2012 “hanne” by Tierney Gearon
'I am in tears': Pregnant supermodel Adriana Lima desperate to locate Ivy, her beloved Maltese dog.
She’s currently nine months pregnant with her second child.But pregnant supermodel Adriana Lima is in tears over her other baby, Ivy, the white Maltese dog she adopted eight years ago.The 31-year-old Victoria’s Secret Angel has spent the last few days in a desperate search for her beloved two-pound pooch, taking her flier to Twitter, Facebook, and local news outlets. ‘I feel really like I lost a child,’ Lima told Fox News. ’It’s a really hard time for all of us. You know, she’s been with us for so many years…If anybody finds her, please, give us a call because she means so much to me and my family.’ There’s already been 94 shares, 203 comments, and 809 likes on her Facebook post, and Brazilian beauty tweeted that she was ‘in tears’ to her 554,000 followers. Ivy was last seen Tuesday morning two blocks South of the new Marlins baseball stadium, which is located in the Little Havana neighborhood of Miami, Florida. The dog was in the care of friends when it slipped out the front door of their home. Adriana originally left for New York in order to give birth to her second child with her Serbian basketball player husband Marko Jaric. The couple already have a two-year-old daughter named Valentina, whom was born prematurely due to Lima’s preeclampsia.And the five-foot-10-inch stunner’s lost dog will probably only aggrivate her preganancy hypertension.If you have any information on Ivy’s whereabouts, call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS